7.25.2008

Out and About with Kim…

Here's some updates from Kimberlee Forney, one of Staart's talented painters:


This weekend is the Taste of Stowe Arts Festival at the Topnotch Field in Stowe.
The hours are 10-5 Friday, Saturday and Sunday. for more info: www.helenday.com/tastestowe.htm
I will be there, somewhere in the big tent...not sure of my exact location. I will have lots of prints, originals, cards and a few wooden cow cut outs...I hope to see some of you there. Lots of yummy food too.

Also, wanted to let you know that I have been doing some live paintings while musicians/bands have been playing. I have done them at Nectar's, Higher Ground and other venues. The most recent one was of Electric Halo at Parima on Pearl Street in Burlington. I will have a live painting gallery on my site soon. This is my 8th live painting. A percentage of the proceeds of the sales of the giclee reproductions on canvas will go to the organization of the band's choice. If you are a musician and interested in me painting at one of your shows, feel free to contact me. And I hope some of you can make it at future live paintings. I have had some fans show up and given excellent feed-back. I guess it's interesting watching a blank canvas transform into a piece of art. I am so greatful for this gift.


On another note, looks like the house I have been renting since mid-january has been sold! so much for the hurting housing market. My landlord put it on the market about month ago (after my 6 month lease ended) and it has found a buyer. So, I will be needing to find another place for me, my dog and cat and my work. If you know of anything for rent that would be suitable for what I need, I would greatly appreciate any help and information.


Also, if you are looking for me on Church Street in the artists alley in Burlington, we have been temporarily moved to the alley between city hall and the firehouse gallery. I have only made it there the past two saturdays which also coincides with the farmers' market (held in city hall park).

A heads up for August events:
Artist reception at STAART Gallery in St. Albans on Aug. 22 from 7-9pm
August 30th and 31 is the MadRiver Valley craft fair.

No comments: