5.15.2009

Tinka Martell


Tinka Theresa Martell 
Everything I see in my world filters into my work as an artist: landscapes, clouds, the composition of my stone walls, arrangements of special items on a shelf.

I work with several media - wood, paper, canvas. I also use many recycled and found objects. Mostly, I enjoy working with small scale collage, especially playing with copper leaf and ink. My large scale works are often three dimensional, and my medium varies.

In the past I have incorporated bold colors, using lots of black to define my shapes. I create large asymmetrical compositions, adding hammered copper plate to imply a solid feeling. Now I gravitate to layers of soft muted colors blending paint or wash until I sense the mood is achieved.

My home and studio are in Fairfax, Vermont. I have been working as an artist for twenty years. I have shown my work in New Mexico, New England and recently been accepted in online galleries from Massachusetts to Toronto, Canada.

No comments: