2.15.2009

Leon at the Gallery

Local wordsmith Leon Thompson, who just happens to be my pal and former co-worker, graced the gallery Friday night with a one-hour reading that had the crowd in stitches. Leon already has two published volumes of his columns under his belt, titled "Good Junk" and "Dork: Another Look at My Junk" (oh Leon), and is working on several new projects including two books that are due to be published in the next year. The first is a guide to our state that combines stories that only Vermonters could tell with notes about what it is to be a Vermonter…dialect and all. The second book will include more of his columns in a compilation of New England writers. Go Leon! So Friday night he read material from both past and present projects. It was a fun night and good to see so many people out for the event! I shot a video of one of the pieces he read, so as soon as I learn how to edit it, I'll post that too.



No comments: